At the University of Glasgow, where at the beginning of this year lecturers were out in force fighting over pay and pensions, the university and the union have reached a joint agreement about coping with the new situation which commits all to:
- Strive to ensure that the University’s position and its reputation are protected and enhanced
- Do everything we can to protect the jobs and livelihoods of members of staff
- Treat all members of staff, at all levels regardless of contract type, fairly and equitably
- Work together to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all members of staff and their families
- Work together to support members of staff adapting to new ways of working and to continue making a positive contribution in these changing circumstances
- Continue to share information and ideas regularly, in a spirit of openness and transparency.
• Related article: A sustainable future for higher education